October 10, 2013
Five Quickie Randoms --
Good evening all! Joining Nancy Claeys at her wonderful blog A Rural Journal, where she hosts a fun Friday meme called 'Random 5 Friday'. It's where we can share 5 facts about ourselves, our week, our pets, our kids.. whatever we want! I hope you'll join. It can be found here...
Here are mine for this week. I'm gonna see how short and sweet i can make 'em. Just to see if i can. Here goes!
1. This week, we've had ants in our mailbox. Yes that's right. Ants. A gazillion of them. I've used Windex to spray and have placed a couple of traps in there. But they're still swarming, or whatever it is ants do. It's now Duane's job to get the mail. I will not stick my hand in there. Not gonna happen. And it's weird. There has never been any food in our mailbox. Have you ever heard of such a bizarre thing??
2. I'm reading a novel called The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht. It's excellent, and i adore it so far. On chapter 7. Enthralling! :)
3. I've decided i'm going to teach myself to speak Danish. No particular reason.. i just want to. I decide things this way sometimes. The why of it is something i can't explain. But i won't be satisfied now until i do it. Sometimes i can't make up my mind to save my life, it seems, but then there are times like this...
4. I haven't watched the new TV show Black List with James Spader. So many people i know say it's brilliant, but i don't know if it's my thing or not. Guess i won't know until i try it, will i?
5. Yesterday i had an Ambrosia apple for the first time ever! Talk about delicious. Not sure why i'd never tried one, but now it's my favorite kind! Much easier to choose a favorite kind of a type of fruit than a favorite book even when i narrow it down to one genre. I also have a favorite kind of nectarine, (Zephyr,) and a favorite leafy green, (kale.)
Well, there you go! I kept it pretty short, right?
Hearts can be found in the oddest places. Have a wonderful weekend. I'll be back soon!