Friday, February 15, 2013
So. Here it is. Time for another Friday five from yours truly. I'll try to make this short, but i might include a song or two. Well, maybe just one. Anyway, here goes:
1. I don't wear makeup as a general rule. No eye shadow, or mascara, and definitely no foundation. I've never been able to find the right shade for my weird, sort of pinky-pale, freckly skin tone. And mostly, i find foundation feels blah. Even a little, (back when i used to wear it in my 20s,) felt like paste. So now i go without. Not because i don't think i need it. At my age, i probably should wear some. But i'm lazy in this way, and there are other things i'd rather do with my mornings than stand in front of a mirror 'fixing my face'. But i try to remember to apply lipstick every day. I don't like the other stuff, but i feel naked without lipstick. Go figure. :)
2. I've found a 'new' author i'm in love with. Her name is Alice Hoffman, and i'm reading her book 'The Dovekeepers'. It's excellent so far. Tomorrow i'm making a trip to the library to borrow more of her books!
3. And speaking of books, recently, i've been reading more and more collections of short fiction in lieu of full novels. (I'll never lose my love for novels, btw.) But sometimes an excellent short story just hits the spot, ya know? :)
4. I've slept in every morning this week until almost 9 am. No early walks for me! Don't tell. :D I feel a little guilty, but not too. I feel a little like a princess this week. No idea why. And no, i haven't been acting like one, thank goodness. (I would have heard about it; i'm pretty sure!) And i've been doing all the necessary chores, i promise. No high horse for this woman. Cat litter boxes cleaned. Laundry done. Dishes put away. Etcetera! Sometimes i just like to be lazy early and get it over with. lol. And another thing i've figured out.. is that morning daytime TV is BAD. (The bedroom TV remote is on the nightstand on MY side of the bed.) lol again.
5. And like last week, i listened to some interesting music this week. I felt a little nostalgic for my youth. Yep. Here's one of my favorite songs from my junior high years... GACK.. the mid-seventies..
Um.. here goes.. take a listen if you feel like it. :)
Uh huh.. uh huh.. lol. So there it is.
Just about time to sign off. But first:
More beautiful flowers 'cause i like 'em! I'll be back soon. M