Neighborhood Love!

Neighborhood Love!

February 15, 2013

Friday Five!


So.  Here it is.  Time for another Friday five from yours truly.  I'll try to make this short, but i might include a song or two.  Well, maybe just one.  Anyway, here goes:

1.  I don't wear makeup as a general rule.  No eye shadow, or mascara, and definitely no foundation.  I've never been able to find the right shade for my weird, sort of pinky-pale, freckly skin tone.  And mostly, i find foundation feels blah.  Even a little, (back when i used to wear it in my 20s,) felt like paste.  So now i go without.  Not because i don't think i need it.  At my age, i probably should wear some.  But i'm lazy in this way, and there are other things i'd rather do with my mornings than stand in front of a mirror 'fixing my face'.  But i try to remember to apply lipstick every day.  I don't like the other stuff, but i feel naked without lipstick.  Go figure.  :)

2.  I've found a 'new' author i'm in love with.  Her name is Alice Hoffman, and i'm reading her book 'The Dovekeepers'.  It's excellent so far.  Tomorrow i'm making a trip to the library to borrow more of her books!

3.  And speaking of books, recently, i've been reading more and more collections of short fiction in lieu of full novels.  (I'll never lose my love for  novels, btw.)  But sometimes an excellent short story just hits the spot, ya know?  :)

4.  I've slept in every morning this week until almost 9 am.  No early walks for me!  Don't tell.  :D  I feel a little guilty, but not too.  I feel a little like a princess this week.  No idea why.  And no, i haven't been acting like one, thank goodness.  (I would have heard about it; i'm pretty sure!)  And i've been doing all the necessary chores, i promise.  No high horse for this woman.  Cat litter boxes cleaned.  Laundry done.  Dishes put away.  Etcetera!  Sometimes i just like to be lazy early and get it over with.  lol.  And another thing i've figured out.. is that morning daytime TV is BAD.  (The bedroom TV remote is on the nightstand on MY side of the bed.)  lol again.

5.  And like last week, i listened to some interesting music this week.  I felt a little nostalgic for my youth.  Yep.  Here's one of my favorite songs from my junior high years... GACK.. the mid-seventies..

Um.. here goes..  take a listen if you feel like it.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3svW8PM_jc

Uh huh.. uh huh..  lol.  So there it is.

Just about time to sign off.  But first:


More beautiful flowers 'cause i like 'em!  I'll be back soon.  M




10 comments:

  1. Love this post!
    Here's 5 from me.
    1. I'm a sucker for makeup and my daughter tells me I spend too much time doing my face and hair in the mornings ;)
    2. I have too many books on my nightstand to count.
    3. I've just finished re-reading all the Harry Potter books with my daughter (and watching the movies)
    4. I've been up at 5:30 every morning this week (need time to do the hair and makeup, but today I got to sleep in yaayyy)
    5. I've become addicted to jazz and classical music - something that in my youth I swore I'd never do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share 2 and 5 with you! I also love the blues! Sometimes i can't get enough of listening, especially in the summertime. :) And i loved the Harry Potter books once i finally read them. Everyone i know told me how good they are, and i thought to myself, well, they can't possibly be THAT good! But they are. lol I'm glad to enjoyed this post, Debs! Have a great week. :)

      Delete
  2. I only wish I could sleep until 9 AM!!
    Love the lovely little blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the one hand, Jeanne, i like sleeping until that hour, but on the other, i feel a little guilty and lazy! :) Not planning on doing that this coming week. I'll be up at 6:30 am to go for LONG walks. LOL. I mean it! And i love colorful flowers this time of year. They're a real pick-me-up!

      Delete
  3. I started wearing a little of the mineral makeup when I'm going out in public...

    I'm usually up by 4 am -- did it for 25 years while I was a working gal and just can't sleep later than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish i could get up at 4, but my body just doesn't want to move, lol. (And i think i'm something other than human at that hour.) :) But i could be a lot more productive with my day, i think. How long does it take to form new habits? I read it takes about 2 weeks or something like that. If only...

      Delete
  4. I would LOVE to be allowed to sleep that long but Katie insists on very early rising. She walks on my head, checks my eyes, pats my face, squeaks a bit...she wants me up. As she says U-P spells UP momma.

    I do wear makeup. Luckily my skin looks alright without it but I am pasty white, blue eyes, blonde eyelashes and brows..I need some enhancement. MOL.

    I got to take a picture of the early (too early) blooming daffodils last week. I posted them on Flaickr. I and most who viewed them loved the splash of color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo! I'd love to check out your flicker photos, but i don't belong.. and i think i have to to see them, don't i? We have the crocus up here, but not the daffodils quite yet. This has been such a strange winter..

      My cats don't like me very much when i sleep that late. (I can't get away with it often.) But this past week, then tried a couple of times to get me up, gave up, and just cuddled and got pats. All 4 of them! :)

      Delete
  5. I don't wear makeup either...I always feel like I'm too painted.
    I received 'The Dovekeepers' for my birthday and it is on deck after I finish 'State of Wonder' by Ann Patchett.
    I love historical fiction.
    I can't seem to get the dogs out for a walk before 8a.m.
    The only good morning t.v is property and cooking shows on BBC.
    I like this idea...do you do it every Friday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love historical fiction too! Especially if it's well researched. :) Lots of fascinating history, but with interesting characters. Not all dry, boring dates and facts.
      I'm wondering.. how is State Of Wonder? I've not read it yet, but i really loved Run and Bel Canto!
      And yes. I've decided to do a post like this every Friday. I's a lot of fun! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by! Feel free to leave a comment and share your thoughts if you choose. :) Peace!